Saturday, October 23, 2010

Screenshot Tour: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for Android

Filed under: ,

guitarheroforandroid

So, Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for Android has just been released, and I thought that I might give it a spin and show you guys what it looks like.

The game itself isn't cheap - it's US$7.99, so it's even more expensive than Tasker, which I find kind of obscene. Still, I went ahead and bought it, not because I'm such a hardcore gamer, but because I was curious to see what it felt like on a mobile device.

By default, the tracks use MIDI and sound quite lame. But you get the option to download a "high quality version" of each song before you play it, which isn't all that high quality (but it's definitely better than MIDI).

You get three "keys" to press in time with the game. I played the Easy setting, so there wasn't always an obvious connection between the rhythm I had to play and the actual music that I was listening to. But more often than not, it did feel like I was kind of playing along with the song.

In terms of graphics, the game felt decidedly low-end. Even though my device isn't hi-res (it's 800x480), the display was oddly pixelated. The Android beta version of Angry Birds looks much, much better.

Sadly, I was unable to capture screenshots of the actual gameplay (hitting the keys and so forth). The screenshots all came out completely broken and choppy in ways that made the game seem even worse. I did capture several screenshots of the interface, which you can see in the gallery below.

Bottom line: Gameplay is quite enjoyable, especially if Guitar Hero is your thing. However, given the graphics and the sound, this game is not worth $7.99.

Screenshot Tour: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock for Android originally appeared on Download Squad on Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Source: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/10/11/screenshot-tour-guitar-hero-warriors-of-rock-for-android/

Earthlink Dst Systems Discover Financial Services Diodes Inorated

No comments:

Post a Comment